Here is an explanation:
Are there any workarounds?
This is going to be a painful issue for SCORM until the industry, including Articulate, makes the necessary changes, and there are no very good workarounds. Here are some possibilities:
- You can ask your users to try another browser such as Firefox.
- You can have your learners take the following steps in Chrome:
1. Open Chrome browser
2. Go to chrome://flags/#allow-sync-xhr-in-page-dismissal
3. Change the drop-down selection from "Default" or "Disabled" to "Enabled"
- You could restructure SCORM courses into shorter packages (microlearning), decreasing the chance that a learner navigates away in the middle of a package.
- You could restructure your course workflow to help with unlocking of activities.